You can share
4 Vehicle maintenance
• Keep your car in good mechanical condition and have it serviced regularly by a reputable garage. Ensure your fuel tank is filled and rather develop a habit to regularly fill up your tank when it is half, rather than to wait for the fuel tank empty-signage to be activated.
• Have a safety check done before embarking on each long trip.
• Empower yourself and learn how to change a tire, to replace windscreen wiper parts and how to jump start a battery.
• Get into a habit of regularly checking your tire’s condition and pressure. Also make it a priority to replace worn out tires and ensure you always have a spare tire in the boot.
5 Travelling with children
• Children should always wear a seat belt, even if travelling for a short distance.
• Do not allow children to share a seat belt with anyone.
• Children under the age of three should always be secure in a car seat.
• Ensure the car seat is correct in relation to the right size and age of the child.
• When placing the child in the car seat, check whether the seat belt of the car seat is firmly and properly tied.
• If your vehicle is involved in a crash, always replace the car seat.
• When arriving at your destination and your child is asleep in the car seat, do not under any circumstances leave your child in the car alone.
• Don’t allow children to sit on the laps of other people when driving in a car.
• Should you have to stop somewhere quick, don’t ever leave children unattended in the car. Make it a rule to take
your children with you.